Every Autumn I get this nostalgic "new year" feeling - hear me out on this one. It's something about returning to routine after a long summer that calls for a change; my wardrobe's been refined, my room's had a mini makeover and after weeks of jamming my makeup draw shut it was time to tackle the hordes.
So here are some tips for having a streamlined stash.
1. Put your summer shades away - Unless your a fake tan expert unlike myself, usually I just except that I'm going to be firmly in the "Ivory" category until next May which saves me space.
2. Do you need five of the same shade? - I have worn an orangey red lip once this year, and how many orangey red's do I have? Six, why do I need six?! So I brutally picked my favourite and the rest have gone to a better place.
3. When was the last time your wore it? - Obviously with the exception of seasonal shades, ask yourself when was the last time you used glitter eyeliner?
4. Does it actually suit you? - The fluorescent lights of Boots can make any lipstick look good, but if dark purple isn't your thing then let go of it.
5. How long have you had it? - Makeup can go off too and if you know its been knocking round for a while it may be time to throw it. As a general rule powders can last anywhere between 1-3 years, foundations 1-2 years, lip products 1-2 year and mascara should be changed every three months to avoid eye infections.